- Their children
- Their property; and/or
- Maintenance for a husband or wife or a party to a de facto relationship
If you want your agreement to become an order of the Court, you can apply for consent orders to be made without having to actually go to Court. Reardon Family Lawyers can negotiate and prepare your consent orders so that you have certainty regarding matters such as:
- Who will own certain property;
- Time frames for the transfer of property and how liabilities will be dealt with;
- Who children will live with and how much time they will spend with their parents on special days such as School holidays, Birthdays, Christmas, Easter, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day; and
- Various other matters arising out of the breakdown of your relationship.
An application is filed with the Court detailing the arrangements between the parties. The Court considers the Application to deem whether the proposed Orders are in the child’s best interests or in financial matters are just and equitable given the circumstances of the case. If the Court is satisfied the orders will be granted. Consent orders have the same legal effect as an order made after a Court hearing.
Filing Consent Orders with the Court is a much more cost effective way to finalise your property and/or children’s matters than a protracted Court battle. Our focus is to get the outcome you want in the most cost-effective manner possible.